Learning about and getting to know the Savior Jesus Christ

I have been trying to brainstorm some really great ways to learn more about the Savior Jesus Christ and get to know him better! Here is a collection of Ideas (Some from me, some not) Read on to learn more : )


I have really been wanting to gain a stronger testimony of the Savior. Isn't that one of the main goals here in life? I recently realized how important it was that I get to know him better, his life, his role in my life, and to study the scriptures that speak of his words and life. So this is the first thing I am doing on my quest....

 1- Read this 45 day scripture study of his life

I have to share this! It's so awesome! I'm so glad this cute girl took the time to put all of this together. I am really benefiting from all her hard work. I got excited when I went on Pinterest and this title popped up  "The life of Christ, a 45 Day scripture study" From THE HANDMADE IN 
HEARTLAND blog.



It was exactly what I was looking for! It goes in chronological order and I was amazed and a little ashamed all the stories and details I never remembered hearing or learning about!


You have to go over to her BLOG and see all the details they've added. Quotes for each day and you can print it out there. So awesome! Seriously I  am so so grateful to this girl for doing this.

I just finished Day 9 and I'm really loving it. If you are searching for a way to get to know your savior, I hope you find this helpful too! : )




2-Read Talks from our modern day prophets, apostles, and leaders on Jesus Christ, the atonement, his birth, his death, and his Resurrection.

A couple that pop up when you search Jesus Christ on Lds.org talks are linked below. I'll edit and add my thoughts and favorites when I get to this step : )




3- Pray about him
Pray for your understanding and knowledge of him to grow as you read and study his life. Pray to have the spirit with you to hear promptings of enlightenment. Pray for guidance on what scriptures, talks, and book to read. Thank Heavenly Father for him, his example, that he died for us. 



4- Teach your Children about him 
I have found that through teaching my little ones about the scriptures, that they ask all kinds of questions. And their simple but deep questions help me to ponder and figure out the answers to their questions. Also teaching is a great way to learn. Through preparing lessons you learn just as much if not more. 

Don't have kids? Discuss talks, scriptures, and stories of him with your spouse, parents, or friends. Gaining a testimony of the Savior is beneficial and will bless your life at every stage of life you are in. 


5-Bear your testimony of the things you do know
Bear your testimony of the things you do know about the savior. The spirit often testifies things to us as we bear our testimony. It doesn't have to be over the pulpit at Sacrament. It can be in Relief Society, Young Women, at Family Home Evening with your family, with an individual child discussing the savior or something else, with your spouse, neighbor, friend or stranger. You can also bear your testimony on a blog, Facebook or other Social Media outlet. 


A sweet recent experience I had 
My oldest son (5 years old) Leaned over to me in Sacrament last week. He caught me closing my eyes to say a little prayer as the Sacrament was being passed. He tapped me and whispered the question (the same one he asks each time he catches me). "why are you praying?' I told him to look around the room and see that there are many people taking this time to say a prayer. This is the time we think about Jesus, and tell Heavenly Father how much we love the Savior. He waited a few minutes then whispered in my ear. "Is Jesus really really real?"  I felt the spirit remind me that this would be a great time to bear my testimony to him. I whispered back into his ear. " I really do know he is real. I believe it and I know it!" It wasn't profound but I saw a smile appear on his face. I saw him pondering and thinking about it. He then said  " Satan doesn't want us to believe in Jesus" and I told him I thought he was right about that. He went on to tell me about how Satan made Lemon ( I LOVE that he says Lemon) and Lemuel not believe in Jesus and made them do bad things. My heart beamed with JOY!!! He is listening when I teach him I thought!! It seriously was such a special moment I hope I never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment