Teaching the Book of Mormon to little ones

I have been searching high and low for ideas or print outs for teaching little ones the stories in the book of mormon. We are pretty religious about reading our scriptures every night. They both can't read yet (2 boys 3 and 5 not yet in school) So we read the words, they repeat us and we take turns. I'm pretty sure they don't learn or hear much. They will ask what a word means every now and then. But I knew I needed to do something more. I really want my kids to KNOW the stories and gain a testimony of them at a young age. I feel like reading with them every night is a good habit for our family to get into even though they may not understand the words. I love that we get to feel the spirit and teach them that is so important to our family to do this each night. But I still have been feeling like I could do more. So I bought the BOOK OF MORMON STORIES with the pictures and brief descriptions. They seemed to really like that. But I still wanted more.


So here is my plan: We are going to go through the BOOK OF MORMON STORIES reader.
-I explain each story and the pictures.
-Then we draw a picture of what we just learned
-I draw a smash book type picture to help them be able to tell the story.
-We play a game that has to do with that lesson.

So simplified:
1) Explain
2) Draw picture
3)Smash Book style picture
4)Game

Lesson 1 will be in the next post!

I can't wait to do the Old and New Testament after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment